Monday, August 18, 2008

Last Meeting of the Summer

Today we had 7 knitters and crocheters.

E learned how to bind off and weave in ends. She's almost finished with her first knitting project.

L and K are still at the beginning stages and worked hard to learn the knit stitch.

S
is crocheting a blanket out of marled yarn with lots of turquoise it it. It is beautiful and looks as though it will be complete soon.

CRB learned how to wind yarn from a looped skein. She is looking through stitch dictionaries for cable patterns in order to design a scarf using baby alpaca.

I helped R with her sock by turning the heel and picking up the gusset stitches. Next meeting she will learn how to decrease down to the foot.

I won't be here next week and the week after that is Labor Day when the library is closed.

We'll meet again on Monday, September 8, 2008 to begin a new year of knitting and crocheting. I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

No comments: